Likewise, the Task-Force C of DHARMA (Southeast Asia) will hold EpiDoc sessions on a regular basis at La Maison de l’Asie, 22 avenue du Président Wilson
75116 Paris, 4th floor.
Task-Force A of DHARMA (The Tamil South)
The sessions will consist in collective encoding of representative Tamil inscriptions in order to determine the needs in term of transliteration and MarkUp for this particular but bulky corpus (approx. 30,000 inscriptions) and to discuss various other issues around Digital Tamil Epigraphy.
- October 7th, 2019, 09:30-13:00, Room 746, 54 Raspail.
- October 21th, 09:30-13:00, Room 746, 54 Raspail.
- November 4th, 09:30-13:00, Room 745, 54 Raspail.
- November 18th, 09:30-13:00, Room 746, 54 Raspail.
- December 2nd, 09:30-13:00, Room 746, 54 Raspail.
- February 3rd, 09:30-13:00, Room 745, 54 Raspail.
- February 24th, 09:30-13:00, Room 745, 54 Raspail.
Task-Force C of DHARMA (Southeast Asia)
First session: November 5th, 14:00-16:00, 4th floor, Maison de l’Asie.
- “EpiDoc is an international, collaborative effort that provides guidelines and tools for encoding scholarly and educational editions of ancient documents.
It uses a subset of the Text Encoding Initiative’s standard for the representation of texts in digital form and was developed initially for the publication of digital editions of ancient inscriptions (e.g. Inscriptions of Aphrodisias, Vindolanda Tablets). Its domain has expanded to include the publication of papyri and manuscripts (e.g. Papyri.info). It addresses not only the transcription and editorial treatment of texts themselves, but also the history and materiality of the objects on which the texts appear (i.e., manuscripts, monuments, tablets, papyri, and other text-bearing objects). Latest Release of all EpiDoc code: 9.0 (December 2017)” Source: EpiDoc website, visited 2019-01-01 [↩]